Dogs are among the most social creatures on earth. They just love spending time with you, so when it comes time for you to go to work or leave the house for long periods of time, it can make your dog lonely and anxious.
- Here are a few tips to reduce separation anxiety:
- Encourage independence by discouraging your dog from following you around the house constantly.
- Keep departures and arrivals low-key.
- Always give your dog a reward when you leave the house.
- Give puppies and young dogs the opportunity to get accustomed to being left alone for short periods.
Posted in: Dog FAQs